Free Horse Racing Picks and Betting Tips for Santa Anita Park – Saturday, May 30, 2020
Santa Anita Park offers up a 9-race card for Saturday, May 30, 2020, that includes the Grade III Honeymoon Stakes race in addition to eight other maiden and claiming races.
The forecast for Arcadia, California, on Saturday calls for mostly sunny skies, a zero percent chance of rain, and winds around 9 mph.
I’m making some picks and predictions for the Honeymoon Stakes as well as two of the other richer races here, but you can always find the full card of Santa Anita races at one of our recommended horse racing betting sites.
Post time for the first race at Santa Anita Park on Saturday is 12:30 PM (PDT). Here are my picks and betting tips.
- Post Time: 12:30 PM
- Purse: $51,000
- Type: ALLOWANCE OPTIONAL CLAIMING
- Distance: 1 mile (turf, rail at 10 feet)
- Conditions: For California Bred Or California Sired Fillies And Mares Three Years Old And Upward Which Have Never Won $15,000 Other Than Maiden, Claiming Or Starter Or Which Have Never Won Two Races Or Claiming Price $20,000
Race 1 Runners and Odds Forecast
- 1 Warrior’s Moon, U Rispoli, 4/1
- 2 Oh Pretty Woman, A Cedillo, 2/1
- 3 Swing Thoughts, V Espinoza, 8/1
- 4 Hot On the Trail, T J Pereira, 12/1
- 5 Marjorie E, J Valdivia, Jr., 10/1
- 6 Nocherylikemychery, G Franco, 15/1
- 7 Brahms Command, M Gutierrez, 6/1
- 8 California Kook, F Prat, 5/2
Race 1 Prediction and Pick
I like all three of the favorites in this race, but I am going to have to go with Flavien Prat’s mount, California Kook, for the win at 5/2. This three-year-old filly’s record is brief but respectable (for this field): four starts with one money finish (a win).
Race 1 Tip
At 15/1, Nocherylikemychery, with Geovanni Franco aboard, is undervalued. This filly finished in the money four times out of eight career starts, with one win. It’s a possibility.
- Post Time: 2:35 PM
- Purse: $50,000
- Type: MAIDEN SPECIAL WEIGHT
- Distance: 5-1/2 furlongs (turf, rail at 10 feet)
- Conditions: For California Bred Or California Sired Maidens, Three Years Old And Upward
Race 5 Runners and Odds Forecast
- 1 Kingofjesters, SCRATCHED
- 2 Utalknboutpractice, H Figueroa, 8/1
- 3 Malakai Moxie, R Fuentes, 8/1
- 4 Rawhide Rawlins, T J Pereira, 8/1
- 5 Endless Tale, C E Lopez, Jr., 20/1
- 6 Count Alexei, U Rispoli, 7/2
- 7 Desert Swarm, A T Gryder, 10/1
- 8 Brix, F Prat, 4/1
- 9 Zero Down, M Gutierrez, 10/1
- 10 Stir the Pot, E A Maldonado, 4/1
- 11 Irreproachable, A Cedillo, 8/1
- 12 Arimony, M Gutierrez, 5/1
Race 5 Prediction and Pick
I’m going to agree with the moneyline about the 7/2 favorite in this maiden race: Count Alexei with Umberto Rispoli aboard. This three-year-old colt has no career starts, but his workout record is very encouraging, as is his choice of jockeys.
Race 5 Tip
One of the three favorites is going to finish first in this race, so longshot money says “put me back in your pocket.”
RACE 7 – Honeymoon Stakes (Grade III)
- Post Time: 3:37 PM
- Purse: $100,000
- Type: STAKES
- Distance: 1-1/8 miles (turf, rail at 10 feet)
- Conditions: For Fillies, Three Year Olds
Race 7 Runners and Odds Forecast
- 1 Guitty, B Blanc, 8/1
- 2 K P Dreamin, V Espinoza, 12/1
- 3 Fashion Royalty, J Valdivia, Jr., 30/1
- 4 Croughavouke, U Rispoli, 8/1
- 5 Laura’s Light, A Cedillo, 5/2
- 6 Little Bird, M Gutierrez, 15/1
- 7 Red Lark, D Van Dyke, 12/1
- 8 Parkour, M E Smith, 7/2
- 9 Stela Star, F Prat, 2/1
Race 7 Prediction and Pick
I like the second-favored (5/2) filly in this stakes race—Laura’s Light, with Abel Cedillo aboard. This three-year-old has a brief but beefy record of five career starts, four finishes in the money, with three of those wins.
Race 7 Tip
At 15/1, Little Bird, with Mario Gutierrez in the irons, is slightly undervalued and might be worth a modest wager. The only other entry in this race with three wins, this filly has seven career starts with four money finishes.
And if you’re looking for more betting opportunities, you can check out tons of other predictions and betting picks from multiple sports and leagues here.