||50% Up To $250||Visit Site||Bovada Sports|
||125% Up To $2,500||Visit Site||BetUS|
||100% Up To $1,000||Visit Site||MyBookie|
||100% Up To $500||Visit Site||Everygame|
||60% Up To $1,000||Visit Site||BetOnline Sports|
Free Horse Racing Picks and Betting Tips for Santa Anita Park – Saturday, June 13, 2020
Santa Anita Park offers up a 9-race card for Saturday, June 13, 2020 that includes two stakes races: Thor’s Echo Handicap and the Angels Flight Stakes.
The skies over Arcadia, California, will be clear and sunny on Saturday, with temperatures in the low 80s, a zero percent chance of rain, and winds around 12 mph.
While I make my picks and predictions on the three richest races here, you can always find the full card of Santa Anita races at and of the best horse racing betting sites.
My Santa Anita Park picks and betting tips for today are below. Post time for the first race is 1 PM (PDT).
- Post Time: 1:00 PM
- Purse: $50,000
- Type: MAIDEN SPECIAL WEIGHT
- Distance: 4-1/2 furlongs
- Conditions: For California Bred Or California Sired Maidens, Fillies Two Years Old
Race 1 Runners and Odds Forecast
- 1 Felicidad Legada, E Flores, 15/1
- 2 Koko’s Mom, SCRATCHED
- 3 Where’s Frankie, M Gutierrez, 6/1
- 4 Mamba Queen, G Franco, 4/1
- 5 Steinway, E A Maldonado, 15/1
- 6 Spicy Sommelier, F Prat, 5/2
- 7 Smoothlikebuttah, R Fuentes, 2/1
- 8 Reign of Fire, A T Gryder, 6/1
- 9 Big Andy, A Delgadillo, 12/1
Race 1 Prediction and Pick
I like the second-favored (5/2) entry in this race—Spicy Sommelier, with Flavien Prat aboard. This is a maiden race for two-year-olds, so picking a winner is tantamount to guessing which kernel of popcorn will pop first. That said, Prat is the winningest jockey in this race, and Spicy Sommelier’s workouts—for what it’s worth—have been encouraging.
Race 1 Tip
I don’t see any long-odds entries in this race worth the risk.
RACE 6 – Thor’s Echo Handicap
- Post Time: 3:34 PM
- Purse: $100,000
- Type: STAKES
- Distance: 6 furlongs
- Conditions: For Golden State Series Eligible California Bred Or California Sired Three-Year-Olds And Upward
Race 6 Runners and Odds Forecast
- 1 Desert Law, F Prat, 6/5
- 2 Tiger Dad, V Espinoza, 3/1
- 3 Oliver, A Cedillo, 6/1
- 4 Loud Mouth, D Van Dyke, 5/1
- 5 Principe Carlo, A Delgadillo, 3/1
Race 6 Prediction and Pick
I’m going to go with the second-favored (3/1) Principe Carlo, with Agapito Delgadillo aboard. This four-year-old has moneyed in 10 of his 16 career starts, with six of those wins.
Race 6 Tip
Oliver at 6/1—and with Abel Cedillo aboard—is worth a show bet. This four-year-old colt has moneyed in 14 of his 21 starts, with four of those wins.
RACE 8 – Angels Flight Stakes
- Post Time: 4:38 PM
- Purse: $75,000
- Type: STAKES
- Distance: 6-1/2 furlongs
- Conditions: For Fillies Three Years Old
Race 8 Runners and Odds Forecast
- 1 Gingham, M E Smith, 5/2
- 2 Biddy Duke, A T Gryder, 4/1
- 3 Praise and Honor, A Cedillo, 4/1
- 4 High On Gin, V Espinoza, 7/2
- 5 Been Studying Her, F Prat, 9/5
Race 8 Prediction and Pick
I have to stick with the moneyline on this one and tout the 9/5 favorite, Been Studying Her, piloted by Flavien Prat. This filly has four money finishes in seven starts, three of them wins. And not to repeat myself, but Prat is the winningest jockey in this race.
Race 8 Tip
No long-odds wagers to be had here, but throw a show bet down on High On Gin at 7/2, with Victor Espinoza aboard. This filly moneyed five times out of seven starts, with three of them wins.
Been Studying Her9/5
Additionally, you can find more horse racing picks here.