Free Horse Racing Picks and Betting Tips for Gulfstream Park on Friday, May 8, 2020
Gulfstream Park in Hallandale Beach, Florida, has scheduled an 11-race card of turf and dirt racing for Friday, May 8, 2020.
The weather forecast for Gulfstream Park for Friday says it will be mostly sunny, with temps in the low 80s, zero percent chance of rain, and 12 mph winds.
And remember that while I cover three of the richest races here, you can always find the full card of Gulfstream races, along with entries, jockeys, trainers, and wagering options, at one of our recommended horse racing betting sites.
My Gulfstream Park picks for Friday follow below. Post time for the first race today is 1 PM (EDT).
- Post Time: 1:35 PM
- Purse: $65,000
- Type: MAIDEN SPECIAL WEIGHT
- Distance: 4-1/2 furlongs
- Conditions: For Maidens, Two Years Old
Race 2 Runners and Odds Forecast
- 1 Carson City Kid, E J Zayas, 15/1
- 2 Bailey, E Jaramillo, 6/1
- 3 Gabriella Sunshine, J Rosario, 15/1
- 4 Just Right Mike, M A Vasquez, 8/1
- 5 Breakthrough, SCRATCHED
- 6 First Navy Admiral, SCRATCHED
- 7 Prisoner, SCRATCHED
- 8 Chasing Artie, T Gaffalione, 4/1
- 9 Dr Parker, D Davis, 12/1
- 10 Give Me Two Steps, SCRATCHED
- 11 Tiger, SCRATCHED
- 12 Restored Order, L Saez, 6/1
Race 2 Prediction and Pick
With late scratches, this isn’t quite the Hot-Shot Jockey Stakes it portended to be. Tyler Gaffalione should ride to a comfortable win aboard Chasing Artie, the favorite at 4/1 after the scratches.
Race 2 Tip
Only two thoroughbreds in this field have logged career starts, and only one of those scored a money finish. That would be Just Right Mike at 8/1. With Miguel Vasquez in the irons, it could happen.
- Post Time: 4:48 PM
- Purse: $33,000
- Type: STARTER OPTIONAL CLAIMING
- Distance: 7-1/2 furlongs (turf, rail at 12 feet)
- Conditions: For Three Year Olds Which Have Started For A Claiming Price Of $50,000 Or Less And Which Have Never Won A Race Other Than Maiden Or Claiming Or Claiming Price $50,000. If deemed inadvisable to run this race over the turf course, it will be run on the main track at Seven Furlongs
Race 8 Runners and Odds Forecast
- 1 Mandate, I Ortiz, Jr., 9/2
- 2 Prince Khozan, H I Berrios, 15/1
- 3 Montana Man, E Jaramillo, 10/1
- 4 Dynadrive, J Rosario, 6/1
- 5 Rhythm Section, L Saez, 4/1
- 6 Captain D, M A Vasquez, 8/1
- 7 Lure Him In, C A Torres, 15/1
- 8 Dominate Themoment, D Davis, 8/1
- 9 Saint Benevolence, L Reyes, 20/1
- 10 Bayou Prospector, C Landeros, 20/1
- 11 Arithmetic, T Gaffalione, 10/1
- 12 Uncork the Bottle, SCRATCHED
Race 8 Prediction and Pick
With a couple of scratches, this could turn into a real nail-biter, but as it stands, I really like Dynadrive, with Joel Rosario in the irons, at 6/1 here, despite the fact the second-favored Mandate is being ridden by Irad Ortiz Jr. from the pole position. Dynadrive has six career starts, with four of them money finishes, two of which were wins.
Race 8 Tip
At 8/1, I like Captain D, ridden by Miguel Angel Vasquez, as a surprise for this race. Only seven career starts, but four of those were in the money, two of them wins.
- Post Time: 5:49 PM
- Purse: $44,000
- Type: ALLOWANCE OPTIONAL CLAIMING
- Distance: 5 furlongs (turf, rail at 72 feet)
- Conditions: For Fillies And Mares Three Years Old And Upward Which Have Never Won $10,000 Twice Other Than Maiden, Claiming, Starter Or State Bred Allowance Or Which Have Never Won Three Races Or Claiming Price $50,000. If deemed inadvisable to run this race over the turf course, it will be run on the main track at Five Furlongs
Race 10 Runners and Odds Forecast
- 1 R Happy Ending, E Jaramillo, 9/2
- 2 Regal Chant, SCRATCHED
- 3 Charmaine’s Mia, E J Zayas, 10/1
- 4 Nikee Kan, M A Vasquez, 12/1
- 5 Lady Grace, T Gaffalione, 4/1
- 6 Hidden Facts, I Ortiz, Jr., 7/2
- 7 Dixieincandyland, SCRATCHED
- 8 Originator, C Landeros, 12/1
- 9 Magic Spell, J Bravo, 20/1
- 10 Sanity, C A Torres, 12/1
- 11 Kitten’s Covergirl, L Saez, 6/1
Race 10 Prediction and Pick
While the 7/2 favorite in this race is ridden, of course, by Irad Ortiz Jr., I like the second-favorite (4/1), Lady Grace, with Tyler Gaffalione behind the wheel. Why? Because Lady Grace has more money finishes and more wins in fewer starts than the favorite, that why.
Race 10 Tip
You ought to give serious consideration to the 12/1 longshot, Sanity, with Cristian Torres in the irons. Think 31 career starts, 18 of which were finishes in the money (and nine of those were wins). Yeah.
Interested in placing more wagers this weekend? Check out the previews and picks section of our blog, where we cover multiple sports and events.