Free Horse Racing Picks and Betting Tips for Churchill Downs – Friday, June 26, 2020
Churchill Downs thoroughbred racing continues Friday, June 26, 2020, with an assortment of nine maiden, claiming, and allowance matches.
The forecast for Louisville, Kentucky, for Friday calls for partly cloudy skies and a slight (10%) chance of rain, temps in the low 90s, and winds around 11 mph.
I cover the three richest races here, but you can always find the complete card of Churchill Downs races at one of our top-rated horse racing betting sites.
Post time for the first race at Churchill Downs on Friday is 1 PM (EDT). Let’s get on with my picks and betting tips.
- Post Time: 2:06 PM
- Purse: $81,000
- Type: ALLOWANCE
- Distance: 1-1/8 miles
- Conditions: For Three Year Olds And Upward Which Have Never Won A Race Other Than Maiden, Claiming Or Starter Or Which Have Never Won Two Races
Race 3 Runners and Odds Forecast
- 1 Job Security, A Beschizza, 10/1
- 2 Locally Owned, T Gaffalione, 7/2
- 3 All West, R Santana, Jr., 5/1
- 4 Mr. Quality, R Bejarano, 12/1
- 5 What a Country, J M Johnson, 9/2
- 6 Beau Luminarie, J R Leparoux, 7/2
- 7 Gigging, B J Hernandez, Jr., 3/1
- 8 Hombrazo, J Rocco, Jr., 12/1
Race 3 Prediction and Pick
I’m sticking with the 3/1 favorite in this race: Gigging, with Brian J. Hernandez Jr. in the irons. This four-year-old gelding finished in the money seven of his 18 career starts, with four of those wins. He could get some real competition from Julien Leparoux aboard Beau Luminarie (7/2), but Gigging should prevail.
Race 3 Tip
I think Hombrazo at 12/1 represents a good opportunity for a show bet. This three-year-old ridgeling moneyed in five of his seven career starts, winning two of them. With jockey Joseph Rocco Jr. aboard, this could happen.
- Post Time: 4:14 PM
- Purse: $83,000
- Type: ALLOWANCE OPTIONAL CLAIMING
- Distance: 1-1/16 miles
- Conditions: For Three Year Olds And Upward Which Have Never Won $10,000 Twice Other Than Maiden, Claiming Or Starter Or Which Have Never Won Three Races Or Claiming Price $62,500
Race 7 Runners and Odds Forecast
- 1 Intrepid Heart, R Santana, Jr., 4/1
- 2 Fort Peck, J Rocco, Jr., 15/1
- 3 Seek the Peak, J R Leparoux, 12/1
- 4 Plus Que Parfait, J Graham, 8/1
- 5 Chess Chief, B J Hernandez, Jr., 4/1
- 6 Blueridge Traveler, J Talamo, 9/2
- 7 Kaziranga, M Murrill, 30/1
- 8 Dinar, T Gaffalione, 9/2
- 9 Almithmaar, F Geroux, 15/1
- 10 Jungle Warfare, D Cohen, 8/1
- 11 Proverb, G Saez, 20/1
- 12 Thirstforlife, M Mena, 20/1
- 13 Top Seed, C J Lanerie, 5/1
- 14 Gun It, R Santana, Jr., 5/1
- 15 Croatian, M Garcia, 8/1
Race 7 Prediction and Pick
I’m going with one of the 4/1 favorites in this race: Intrepid Heart, with Ricardo Santana Jr. in the irons. This four-year-old gelding moneyed three of his six career starts, winning two of them. With Santana aboard, it could definitely happen.
Race 7 Tip
At 15/1, Almithmaar, with veteran jockey Florent Geroux aboard, is a good show ticket investment. This five-year-old gelding finished in the money eight times in 14 career starts, with three of those wins.
- Post Time: 4:46 PM
- Purse: $88,000
- Type: ALLOWANCE OPTIONAL CLAIMING
- Distance: 1 mile
- Conditions: For Three Year Olds And Upward Which Have Never Won Four Races Other Than Maiden, Claiming, Starter, Restricted, Or State Bred Or Which Have Not Won Two Races Other Than Maiden, Claiming, Starter, Restricted, Or State Bred Over A Mile On The Turf Since August 31 Or Claiming Price $150,000. If deemed inadvisable by management to run this race over the turf course, it will be run on the main track at One Mile
Race 8 Runners and Odds Forecast
- 1 Get Western, B J Hernandez, Jr., 8/1
- 2 Holiday Stone, D Cannon, 12/1
- 3 Mr. Misunderstood, F Geroux, 9/2
- 4 Doctor Mounty, J R Leparoux, 5/1
- 5 Spectacular Gem, J Graham, 12/1
- 6 Seven Trumpets, J Talamo, 20/1
- 7 Great Wide Open, J Burke, 15/1
- 8 Made You Look, A Beschizza, 15/1
- 9 Mr Dumas, T Gaffalione, 5/2
- 10 Snapper Sinclair, R Santana, Jr., 7/2
- 11 Gray Attempt, J K Court, 30/1
- 12 First Premio, M Mena, 6/1
- 13 Two Thirty Five (MTO), M Garcia, 3/1
Race 8 Prediction and Pick
I like the third-favored (9/2) entry in this race: Mr. Misunderstood, with Florent Geroux aboard. This six-year-old gelding finished in the money 19 times in his 28 career starts, 13 of those wins—putting him statistically ahead of moneyline’s top two favorites.
Race 8 Tip
At 20/1, Seven Trumpets, with Joseph Talamo in the irons, looks like a good show ticket investment. This five-year-old moneyed nine of his 18 career starts, with five of those wins.
And for more betting previews of all kinds, head to our previews and picks section.