Free Horse Racing Betting Picks and Tips for Will Rogers Downs on Tuesday, May 5, 2020
Will Rogers Downs puts together ten thoroughbred races on Tuesday, May 5, 2020, for your wagering pleasure.
The weather forecast for Will Rogers Downs on Tuesday calls for partly cloudy skies, a dip in temps down to the mid-70s, a 10% chance of rain, and winds around 17 mph.
Don’t forget that you can find the complete list of Will Rogers Downs races, entries, odds, and wager options at one of these leading horse racing betting sites.
My picks and tips for Will Rogers Downs racing today are below. Post time for the first race on Tuesday, May 5, 2020, is 1:15 PM (CDT). There’s racing elsewhere today, too, and I’ve also provided some Fonner Park picks.
- Post Time: 1:45 PM
- Purse: $12,650
- Type: CLAIMING
- Distance: 1 mile
- Conditions: For Fillies And Mares Three Years Old And Upward Which Have Never Won Two Races
Race 2 Runners and Odds Forecast
- 1 Laneys Love, C Kimes, 20/1
- 2 Hush Y’all, J Shepherd, 8/1
- 3 Eutychia, G Steinberg, 5/1
- 4 Dena’s Bold Move, K S Tohill, 20/1
- 5 Santa Ana Winds, F Wethey, Jr., 7/2
- 6 Weekend Madness, T Kennedy, 3/1
- 7 Baytown Babe, L D Goncalves, 15/1
- 8 Shes Got Me Going, D Cabrera, 20/1
- 9 Break At Dawn, L J Luzzi, 4/1
- 10 Sheza Hot Flash, A Triana Jr., 8/1
Race 2 Prediction and Pick
I’m going with the second-favored in this race, Santa Ana Winds, at 7/2. With five career starts and four money finishes, this filly has everything she needs to win, including Floyd Wethey Jr. in the irons.
Race 2 Tip
Hard to resist a 20/1 possibility, so your longshot in this race is Laneys Love, with Curtis Kimes aboard. This filly has moneyed in exactly half of her 22 career starts, and she’s in the pole position.
Santa Ana Winds7/2
- Post Time: 2:15 PM
- Purse: $25,080
- Type: ALLOWANCE
- Distance: 5-1/2 furlongs
- Conditions: For Accredited Oklahoma-Bred Three Year Olds And Upward Which Have Never Won Two Races
Race 3 Runners and Odds Forecast
- 1 A Guy Like Me, O Sanchez, 15/1
- 2 Mr Misleading, A Rodriguez, 6/1
- 3 Burbach, T Cunningham, 20/1
- 4 Salvo, K S Tohill, 8/1
- 5 Mighty Bugsy, B C Landeros, 6/1
- 6 Euromantic, F Wethey, Jr., 7/2
- 7 Word to the Wise, R Eikleberry, 3/1
- 8 Speaker Van, D Cabrera, 5/2
Race 3 Prediction and Pick
The second-favored thoroughbred in this race, Word to the Wise, is my choice to win this allowance race. Sure, his post position isn’t the greatest, but his jockey, veteran Ry Eikleberry, more than makes up for that. And with three career starts and three finishes in the money, Word to the Wise knows how the lawn gets mowed.
Race 3 Tip
At 6/1, a win from Mr Misleading isn’t going to make you rich, but a win, however small, is always satisfying. Sure, his jockey—Anardo Rodriguez—could use some experience, but an early post position and money finishes in three of his four career starts says Mr Misleading “can do.”
Word to the Wise3/1
- Post Time: 5:15 PM
- Purse: $20,900
- Type: ALLOWANCE
- Distance: 1 mile
- Conditions: For Fillies And Mares Three Years Old And Upward Which Have Never Won A Race Other Than Maiden, Claiming, Starter, Or Oklahoma State Bred Allowance Or Which Have Never Won Two Races
Race 9 Runners and Odds Forecast
- 1 Hoyam, L J Luzzi, 6/1
- 2 Figure, K S Tohill, 5/1
- 3 Mocha Kiss, SCRATCHED
- 4 Nocturnal Mission, F Wethey, Jr., 2/1
- 5 Mo Gayle, D Cabrera, 4/1
- 6 Musical Millie, L D Goncalves, 8/1
- 7 Miss Lein, L Wade, 20/1
- 8 Mi Bella, G Herrera, 12/1
- 9 Kertara, T Kennedy, 6/1
Race 9 Prediction and Pick
The 2/1 favorite in this allowance race, Nocturnal Mission, certainly has better numbers in the money finishes department, but I believe the second-favorite, Mo Gayle, ridden by David Cabrera, will be the victor here. Sure, 12 career starts (four money finishes—two of them wins) may seem second to Nocturnal Mission’s record—but let’s remember that a jockey can make all the difference in the world, and as much as I admire Floyd Wethey Jr., it’s hard to beat Cabrera’s win stats. This one might be a nail-biter.
Race 9 Tip
At 6/1, go for the cheap longshot wager here with Hoyam, ridden by Lane Luzzi. With the pole position and small but mighty numbers in career starts, this could happen.