||50% Up To $250||Visit Site||Bovada Sports|
||125% Up To $2,500||Visit Site||BetUS|
||100% Up To $1,000||Visit Site||MyBookie|
||100% Up To $500||Visit Site||Everygame|
||60% Up To $1,000||Visit Site||BetOnline Sports|
Fonner Park Picks for Monday, May 18, 2020 – Free Horse Racing Betting Tips
Fonner Park thoroughbred racing continues on Monday, May 18, 2020 with an eight-race card of maiden, claiming, and allowance matches.
The forecast in Grand Island, Nebraska for Monday predicts partly cloudy skies with a 10% chance of rain, highs in the low 70s, and winds around 10 mph.
While I cover the three richest races here, you can always find the full list of Fonner Park races, entries, jockeys, and wagering options at one of our recommended horse racing betting sites.
Let’s take a look at my Fonner Park tips and predictions for today. Post time for the first race on Monday is 4 PM (CDT).
- Post Time: 4:27 PM
- Purse: $7040
- Type: MAIDEN SPECIAL WEIGHT
- Distance: 6 furlongs
- For Certified Nebraska Bred Maidens, Fillies And Mares Three Years Old And Upward.
Race 2 Runners and Odds Forecast
- 1 Amy’s Shadow, J Journet, 12/1
- 2 Zibby Too, J L Olesiak, 2/1
- 3 Princess B, R Martinez, 15/1
- 4 Miss Justice, F Arrieta, 3/1
- 5 Miss Blue Rooster, C Fackler, 6/1
- 6 Fancy Me Marie, F J Manrrique, 10/1
- 7 Streaknsilverstone, D Wood, 8/1
- 8 Wildfire Sis, A Martinez, 4/1
Race 2 Prediction and Pick
There is nothing to dissuade me from thinking the 2/1 favorite in this race—Zibby Too with Jake Olesiak aboard—will win this maiden race.
Race 2 Tip
A maiden race is invariably an “Anything Can Happen” event, but in this particular match I don’t see any longer-odds possibilities. Save your longshot money or bet it on the favorite.
- Post Time: 5:48 PM
- Purse: $4,700
- Type: CLAIMING
- Distance: 1 mile
- For Three Year Olds And Upward Which Have Never Won Three Races Or Nebraska Breds Which Have Never Won Four Races.
Race 5 Runners and Odds Forecast
- 1 Nattytyme, F Arrieta, 10/1
- 2 Smokin B, SCRATCHED
- 3 Beta Lover, A Martinez, 10/1
- 4 Chilly Willis, J Journet, 15/1
- 5 Spunky Kitten, S A Bethke, 5/2
- 6 Country Cure, J L Olesiak, 8/1
- 7 Panic Button, D Wood, 5/1
- 8 Big Egypt, R Martinez, 3/1
Race 5 Prediction and Pick
I’m going with the 5/2 moneyline favorite here, as well. The four-year-old gelding Spunky Kitten, ridden by veteran Scott Bethke, has a good record of 16 career starts with 7 finishes in the money.
Race 5 Tip
No real long odds to tout, but I do like Panic Button at 5/1 enough to hedge my bets a little. This six-year-old has the best record in this field, with 17 career starts and 12 money finishes. The question is whether journeyman jockey Dakota Wood can get this gelding there. I have my doubts.
- Post Time: 6:15 PM
- Purse: $7,000
- Type: ALLOWANCE
- Distance: 1 mile
- For Fillies And Mares Three Years Old And Upward Which Have Never Won Two Races.
Race 6 Runners and Odds Forecast
- 1 Goveness Sheila, F Arrieta, 10/1
- 2 Dixie Cat, J L Olesiak, 2/1
- 3 Shell Locket, S A Bethke, 8/1
- 4 Brillant Mind, R Martinez, 12/1
- 5 Dublinthemoney, J Journet, 15/1
- 6 Banker Nita, C Fackler, 3/1
- 7 Gypsy Wind Jeanne, D Wood, 4/1
- 8 Violent Fit, F J Manrrique, 6/1
Race 6 Prediction and Pick
This is almost a coin-flip between the two most-favored horses in this race, but I’m going to go with the second-favored at 3/1—Banker Nita, ridden by Chris Fackler. This four-year-old filly has nine career starts with three money finishes, and like all the competitors in this race, a single win. This race should double her trips to the winner’s circle.
Race 6 Tip
I like Scott Bethke’s mount, Shell Locket, at 8/1 in this race. She’s got a good record at five years old, with 14 career starts and nine money finishes. Of course, if you fancy jockeys over horses (or wishful thinking over statistical analysis), then you could take a flyer on Goveness Sheila in the pole position with Francisco Arrieta aboard. At 10/1, this three-year-old filly has a single money finish—a win—out of 13 career starts, but Arrieta has the best wins/WPS record in this match.