||50% Up To $250||Visit Site||Bovada Sports|
||125% Up To $2,500||Visit Site||BetUS|
||100% Up To $1,000||Visit Site||MyBookie|
||100% Up To $500||Visit Site||Everygame|
||60% Up To $1,000||Visit Site||BetOnline Sports|
Churchill Downs Picks for Saturday, May 16, 2020 – Free Horse Racing Betting Tips
While it remains closed to spectators, Churchill Downs reopens for racing Saturday, May 16, 2020, with 11 lucrative maiden, allowance, and claiming matches.
The weather report for Louisville, Kentucky calls for scattered thunderstorms, temps in the low 80s, and mild winds around 6 mph.
You can find all the races, entries, jockeys, trainers, and wagering options for Churchill Downs at one of our recommended horse racing betting sites.
Let’s get into my Churchill Downs picks and tips. Post time for the first race on Saturday is 1 PM (EDT).
- Post Time: 2:32 PM
- Purse: $85,000
- Type: ALLOWANCE OPTIONAL CLAIMING
- Distance: 1 mile
- Conditions: For Fillies And Mares Three Years Old And Upward Which Have Never Won $10,000 Three Times Other Than Maiden, Claiming, Starter, Restricted, Or State Bred Or Which Have Not Won A Race Once Other Than Maiden, Claiming, Starter, Or State Bred At A Mile Or Over In 2019 – 2020 Or Which Have Never Won Four Races Or Claiming Price $80,000
Race 4 Runners and Odds Forecast
- 1 Miss Bigly, B J Hernandez, Jr., 15/1
- 2 Monomoy Girl, F Geroux, 4/5
- 3 Fashion Faux Pas, M Franco, 10/1
- 4 Red Dane, J R Velazquez, 15/1
- 5 Estilo Femenino, J Talamo, 15/1
- 6 Talk Veuve to Me, R Santana, Jr., 7/2
- 7 Lady Kate, J L Ortiz, 7/2
Race 4 Prediction and Pick
I don’t see any way around going with the 4/5 favorite Monomoy Girl, with Florent Geroux aboard. This five-year-old mare has 11 career starts, money finishes in all of them, with 9 being wins.
Race 4 Tip
Take a look at Fashion Faux Pas, with Manuel Franco in the irons. With 10 career starts, 6 money finishes (three of them wins), this four-year-old filly is undervalued at 10/1.
- Post Time: 5:44 PM
- Purse: $81,000
- Type: ALLOWANCE OPTIONAL CLAIMING
- Distance: 7 furlongs
- Conditions: For Fillies Three Years Old Which Have Never Won A Race Other Than Maiden, Claiming, Starter, Or State Bred Or Which Have Never Won Two Races Or Claiming Price $75,000
Race 10 Runners and Odds Forecast
- 1 Mo City, B J Hernandez, Jr., 9/2
- 2 Portrait, J Castellano, 4/1
- 3 Blood Curdling, C J Lanerie, 20/1
- 4 Joysome, T Gaffalione, 8/1
- 5 Miss T Too, J R Velazquez, 4/1
- 6 Long Point Beach, SCRATCHED
- 7 Sconsin, J Rosario, 12/1
- 8 Four Graces, J R Leparoux, 9/2
- 9 French Rose, M Murrill, 30/1
- 10 Myeerah, SCRATCHED
- 11 Aurelia Garland, J L Ortiz, 8/1
- 12 Gone Glimmering, J Talamo, 10/1
Race 10 Prediction and Pick
This is a much more open field, with the shortest moneyline odds at 4/1 and two horses having to share those. Of the two, I prefer Portrait, with Javier Castellano aboard. Portrait has a better post position, not to mention a better record, with five career starts and four money finishes.
Race 10 Tip
No longshots in this race worth the risk. Save your money.
- Post Time: 6:16 PM
- Purse: $84,000
- Type: ALLOWANCE
- Distance: 5-1/2 furlongs (turf)
- Conditions: For Fillies Three Years Old. If deemed inadvisable by management to run this race over the turf course, it will be run on the main track at Five and a Half Furlongs
Race 11 Runners and Odds Forecast
- 1 Bayerly Seen, SCRATCHED
- 2 Reagan’s Edge, J Lezcano, 30/1
- 3 Call On Mischief, B J Hernandez, Jr., 8/1
- 4 Karak, G Corrales, 4/1
- 5 Ilchester Cheetah, D Cannon, 12/1
- 6 Ununderstandable, C J Lanerie , 10/1
- 7 Owner’s Suite, K Kellenberger, 50/1
- 8 Fashionable Lady, SCRATCHED
- 9 Bredenbury, SCRATCHED
- 10 Fly So Pretty, J Rosario, 7/2
- 11 Chili Petin, T Gaffalione, 5/1
- 12 Monedas de Oro, M Pedroza, 50/1
- 13 Kodikova, SCRATCHED
- 14 Tulanian, J Talamo, 12/1
- 15 Rising Seas, C J Lanerie, 4/1
Race 11 Prediction and Pick
This is going to be a tighter race than might be suggested by the moneyline. Still, I’m going with the 7/2 favorite, Fly So Pretty, ridden by Joel Rosario. This filly has moneyed in three of her four career starts and finished first in two of them.
Race 11 Tip
At 12/1, Ilchester Cheetah with Declan Cannon isn’t quite a longshot, but I do believe this filly is undervalued. She has nine career starts, seven finishes in the money, with five of those wins.
Fly So Pretty7/2
For a steady stream of horse racing picks from tracks all over the country, bookmark our horse racing betting blog.